What A Bills Fans Thinks
A Few Comments On Our Team.
by Bob Wensley
Sept. 26, 1999
Here's what one typical Bills fan is thinking about after two games:
- One would have to think that if OJ didn't kill his wife his name would be
much more prevalent at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Other then his name on the Wall
Of Fame OJ is nowhere to be found.
- Those complaining that the new seats in the stadium are too small should
start spending less time complaining and more time starting to loose some
weight. If all the seats were designed for Ted Washington or John Butler the
stadium would only hold 40,000 people, ticket prices would double, the home
field advantage would be nil, and there would be too many bathrooms.
- If the Bills can get to a 5 and 3 record or better by mid season, the
Thurman Thomas injury might actually help the Bills this year. The six weeks
off could give Thurman fresher legs in December and January when, hopefully,
the Bills will need him the most.
- Buffalo's running game against Bill Parcell's Jets was somewhat
reminiscent of Bill Parcell's Giant's running game in Super Bowl XXV. Too
bad last week's game wasn't as important as the January match.
- For those of you who still think Rob Johnson should be the starting
quarterback wait your turn. Doug Flutie continues to prove each week why he
is starting. When Father Time catches up to the little guy Rob will get his
turn under the new lights at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- Kevin Williams is having a great year on special teams. He seems to give
a spark to the Bills return game that they haven't had in a long time. If
Peerless Price can solidify the number three receiver spot to leave Williams
as the number four wideout and more time to concentrate on returns, he could
play a big part on this year's team.
- Ted Washington had a huge game last week, pun intended. If he can keep
up the pace the Bills will be very solid on the defensive line.
Comments on this article
Back to Bills Daily Homepage