- Buffalo weather in December if you don't like it wait five minutes and it will change. Two hours before kickoff it was bright and sunny. The game kicked off under lake effect snow showers. They were on and off all game long.
- What does Chan Gailey have against keeping C.J. Spiller involved? After having back to back runs of 18 and 24 yards and a touchdown. He just carried the ball three more times in the first half as Gailey continued to use Choice as much as Spiller. He didn't use him that much more in the second half despite the fact he was the only thing working in this game.
- The Bills responded early to the comments made by S Yeremiah Bell saying the Bills layed down in their loss to Miami earlier in the month. They got huge holes in the running game early and some good hits including one by Lee Smith. The defense played with passion throughout even though the offense was terrible.
- Lost in the shuffle of the depressing season is that the Bills punt coverage unit is really bad. Two big returns in the first quarter alone going for 25 and 24 yards.
- I have never seen coverage blown as bad as the Bills did on the first play of the 2nd quarter when they had time to set their defense. Two guys were wide open. Moore chose Tony Fasano for the easy score.
- After Fitzpatrick threw interceptions on back to back passes the TV cameras caught Jim Kelly trying to give him words of encouragement while he was looking at pictures of the defense.
- I'm not one to complain about the refs that much but every close call went Miami's way. The Bills were called from some questionable penalties and there was at least one blatant pass interference by Miami that was not called late in the second quarter. That made the Bills punt.
Like I've said for a few weeks now, I'm numb. It was entertaining watching them try the late comeback but nobody expected them to dig out of that huge hold and of course they didn't. I found myself getting aggravated during the game and then asked myself why should I get my blood pressure up? This team is not worth getting upset over. The most depressing part of this free fall to a 0-9 finish is the fact that it is obvious now they made a huge mistake giving Fitzpatrick that money. They may need to bite the $10 Million bullet in the offseason and let him go and cut their losses.
The Bills have their home final against the Denver Tebows on Christmas Eve. Some fans may come out just to see Tebowmania but even less will come out to see their Bills one more time this painful season.