Bills Hold On To Beat Chiefs 16-10
Tre'Davious White interception clinches huge road win.
by Steve Saslow
Tre'Davious White picked off Alex Smith in the final minutes to clinch a Bills upset in Kansas City 16-10 to keep Buffalo very much alive in the playoff picture. Tyrod Taylor completed 19 of 29 passes for 183 yards a touchdown pass to Zay Jones to solidify an incredible performance from the Bills defense. Stephen Hauschka hit field goals from 56, 34 and 49 yards out in the win.
The Turning Point:
The Final Interception: White's pick allowed the Bills to pull out the win as the Chiefs were driving for the winnning score
The Big Drive:
The Bills Lone TD: The team drove 58 yards in 9 plays in 4:24 to the TD pass to Jones that gave the Bills command of the game.
Stat I Did Like:
Third Down Defense: They allowed just two third down conversions in 13 attempts.
- Shady jumped Andy Reid before the game and then when he turned around gave him a big hug and it was caught on a gif and retweeted by the Chiefs and the league. Shady played for Reid in Philly one of many connections between Reid and the Bills coaching staff and players.
- The Bills wore their white uniforms with blue pants.
- The inactives for the Bills in this game were Kelvin Benjamin, Cordy Glenn, John Miller, Mike Tolbert, Logan Thomas, Shareece Wright and Conor McDermott.
Key Matchup Results:
The winners of the battles highlighted in our preview article:
RB LeSean McCoy vs. SS Daniel Sorenson: Winner: Sorenson. They didn't run well.
CB Leonard Johnson vs. TE Travis Kelce: Winner: Johnson. They held Kelce in check.
DT Kyle Williams vs. RB Kareem Hunt: Winner: Williams. He did nothing on the ground.
HC Sean McDermott vs. HC Andy Reid: Winner: McDermott. The student beat the master.
Keys To The Game Results:
How the keys highlighted in our preview article turned out:
1. Let Tyrod Move: Failure! He didn't roll out a lot and didn't have much success on the ground.
2. Stiffer Defense: Success! The defense was the big difference today.
3. Start Strong: Success! They got their first first quarter passing TD of the year.
Just when you give up on this team they suck you back in. The National media has been crushing on this team and they pushed through and pulled out a huge win in a place that is tough to play when you are double digit underdogs is amazing.
Things get toughter for the Bills as they head home to take on Tom Brady and the perennial first place Patriots.
Tre'Davious White - His pick clinched the win.
Eddie Yarbrough - He got the start and played extremely well.
Matt Milano - Had extra playing time and responded.
Stephen Hauschka - Hit three of four field goals. His 50+ yard streak was snapped but he hit a huge 56 yarder.
None - Solid team effort.
Player Of The Week
Tre' Davious White - His game clinching interception is the difference in the win.
Positional Breakdown and Grades
Chiefs Game Preview